Pistol Skill-Builder Intensive Clinic #3: Ammunition Management & Administrative Loading; Emergency & Tactical Reloading (CCSSEF-NH)
This 3-hour intensive skill-builder clinic will bring the students through a ‘basics of safety’ review, then transition into training modules covering the concept and practice of efficient ammunition management, proper staging of pistol magazines, administrative loading and press checks, as well as proper emergency reloading and effective tactical reloading in theory and practice. Students will also learn the principles behind safe and efficient one-handed emergency reloading.
Tuition includes instruction, all applicable range fees, and targets.
The Ammunition Management, Administrative Loading, Emergency, and Tactical Reloading Skill-Builder Intensive Clinic is taught by certified and credentialed law-enforcement tactical firearms master instructors.
At a minimum, students must be able to demonstrate their understanding of basic firearms safety and handling concepts. Completion of a basic firearms course (NRA First Steps Pistol, NRA Basic Pistol, or another basic pistol course) is preferred but not required.
This clinic is NOT suited for the novice or beginner shooter.
The training cadre reserves the right to immediately remove from the program any student who lacks sufficient understanding of basic safety practices or basic operational procedures using a semi-automatic pistol.
1. Semi-automatic Pistol chambered in one of the following calibers: .380acp, 9mm, 10mm, .40 S&W, .357SIG, .45acp or .45 GAP. It is HIGHLY recommended that students bring and train with the firearm that they plan to use or carry for defensive purposes. Pocket guns such as Ruger LCP, S&W Shield, Glock Model 43, or other sub-compact guns are highly discouraged.
2. Sturdy Waist Holster is required. External belt-mounted or waistband-mounted holsters are preferred. IWBs (In-waistband holsters) are permitted, provided that they support easy one-handed re-holstering.
For safety reasons on the range, our classes will use strong-side holsters only! - (No cross draws, shoulder rigs, pocket holsters, ankle, appendix, or small of the back carry).
Don't have a quality holster? Give us a call. We have excellent and affordable options that are available for purchase.
3. Magazines: Students should bring a MINIMUM of three (3) magazines. Two magazines will work, however having only two magazines will slow the student down.
4. Magazine holder or magazine pouch. Open, friction-lock-styled single or double holders are recommended over those with velcro or snap closures.
5. Ammunition: 100 rounds.
Ammunition should be factory-manufactured. Reloads are strongly discouraged. Ammunition for class IS available at cost with prior notification.
6. Eye Protection, Ear Protection, and Baseball Style Cap: Sunglasses may be worn in conjunction with a baseball cap with the bill worn forward. Safety glasses must be of the wrap-around type or employ side panels. If wearing prescription glasses, they must be covered with safety glasses unless they meet the above requirements. Earplugs or earmuffs (preferred), and it is highly recommended that a baseball cap with a bill to deflect ejected brass be worn.
7. Appropriate Clothing: Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the classroom portion of the training. Students should bring appropriate clothing to participate in the range exercises consistent with prevailing weather and temperature conditions. Range exercises will be conducted in inclement weather unless a safety hazard exists. NOTE: Sandals, flip-flops, or any other form of open-toed shoes are NOT range-appropriate.
ABSOLUTELY NO: Camouflage fatigues, flak jackets, tactical vests*, bright red shirts, or bright red outerwear!
*Law enforcement officers and licensed armed private security officers are permitted to wear tactical vests if they are department/agency issued and/or approved.
8. Note-Taking Material: A pen and a pocket-sized notebook for note-taking is highly recommended.
Session 1: Jul 26th, 2022
from 4:00 - 7:00 pm
Cheshire County Shooting Sports Education Foundation
19 Ferry Brook Road
Keene, NH 03431 Get directions
Room: Pistol Bay 3